Monash University opens opportunity for you to get an MA or PhD degree through The Herb Feith Scholarship.
What is The Herb Feith Scholarship?
The Herb Feith Scholarship scheme is a new initiative of the Monash Herb Feith Indonesian Engagement Centre. The scholarships support graduate researchers to complete an MA Or PhD at Monash University on a topic related to Indonesia. Priority will be given to innovative research projects about contemporary Indonesia in social sciences or humanities disciplines.
What are the opportunities?
- One award for doctoral degree, and one for master degree in the Faculty of Arts will be made available each year from 2020. These scholarships supported for up to a maximum of 3.5 years duration commensurate with The Research Training Program (RTP) (see https://bit.ly/2IiBbN1 ) stipend. Faculty will provide the tuition fee scholarship and Single Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) for successful international awardee(s).
- The successful applicant will have access to a range of travel grants and research funding. The funding will assist with research research-related expenses, field trips, engagement activities and academic conferences.
Projects that link to research being undertaken within one or more of the following research areas of strengths are especially welcomed:
- Migration, Socio-economic and Social Inclusion
- Identity and Belonging
- Communication, Resilience and Cohesion
- Peace and Security
- Intercultural competence
- Border Security
- Family and Domestic Violence
- Human Trafficking, Modern Slavery and Exploitation
How to Apply
Applicants will need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the Arts Graduate Research office by following these steps:
- Check your eligibility – https://bit.ly/2WLTPBf
- Find a supervisor – https://bit.ly/31zuON7
- Submit your expression of Interest – https://bit.ly/2XUzMSw
Detailed information on how to apply can be obtained at:https://bit.ly/2WLTPBf
- Applicants will be required to have met Monash admission requirements which include English-language proficiency skills.
- Scholarship holders must be enrolled full time and on campus.
- Shortlisted candidate(s) will be interviewed, over Skype if necessary. The interviews will be conducted in English.
- Recipients of the scholarship will be expected to make some contribution to activities and events hosted by the Monash Herb Feith Indonesian Engagement Centre.
Applicants must apply within the University scholarship application dates as below:
|Round||Applicant Type||Eois Close||Applications Close||Enrolment Period|
|1||International||11 March||31 March||July – December of current year|
|2||Domestic||11 May||31 May||July – December of current year|
|3||International||11 August||31 August||January – June of following year|
|4||Domestic||11 October||31 October||January – June of following year|
- T: +61 (0)3 9905 8990
- E: email@example.com
- W: arts.monash.edu/graduate-studies/graduate-research
For more information, download the flyer in PDF ( https://bit.ly/2XNR2Zj )