It is the time for you to achieve your dream. The Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) are collaborating to seek for PhD awardees in the program called SINGA (Singapore International Graduate Award.
PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with SINGA, you can pursue your PhD education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
· Biomedical Sciences; and
· Physical Science and Engineering
· Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
· Good skills in written and spoken English
· Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
Estimated cost of living in Singapore
|Items||Per Student Per Month (S$)|
|Food||University Canteens||250 – 350|
|Meals outside Campus||450 – 600|
|Accommodation (based on a single room)||On- Campus*||400 – 700|
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 – 150|
|Other Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.)||400 – 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400 – 2,000|
*Priority for on-campus accommodation is usually given to first year students.
- Browse PhD Research Projects
Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in.
Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying.
Note: Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
b. A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
Please read the important information below.
- Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted.
Apply now via this link https://bit.ly/2GYyP6y
for August 2020 intake: 1 December 2019 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)
*Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 12 weeks from the application closing date
For frequently asked questions, please click https://bit.ly/2k4Fdzk
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have further queries.
For more information, please download the brochure here: (tambahkan brosur)