This grant is for three years’ study at a US university to pursue a doctoral degree in any field of study except medical sciences. It is open to Indonesian citizens regardless of age who demonstrate a high level of academic ability and leadership potential.
Interested applicants who are currently permanent lecturers at Indonesian universities and have NIDN must apply to a parallel program under the Fulbright Grant funded by the Higher Education for Indonesian Lecturers – PhDs.
Eligible Fields of Study:
Fulbright grants may be used for study or research in most disciplines and fields of study with the exception of medicine related to patient care or clinical patient contact. Proposals in humanities, arts, and social sciences, and in science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), and health are equally welcome. Applications in STEM fields are encouraged that focus on environmental preservation, alternative energy exploration, or climate change mitigation.
Preference will be given to applicants who plan to teach in an Indonesian university and those who have never previously received a Fulbright scholarship.
- Hold a master’s degree (S2)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- Have a minimum TOEFL ITP score of 575 or IELTS equivalent
- Have the intention to take up, or return to, an academic position upon completion of the degree
- Be an Indonesian citizen and not a permanent resident of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically accomplish full-time graduate study or conduct research in the US
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to return to Indonesia upon completion of the Fulbright scholarship program
Registration Files Required:
- Completed application form, including one-page study objective and 3-to-5 page research proposal
- Copy of most recent (less than two years old) TOEFL ITP or IELTS scores
- Two letters of reference, either from an employer or a university lecturer
- Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and in English translation)
- Copy of valid identity document (KTP or passport)
- Curriculum vitae
Application Deadline*: February 15, 2020
Application Screening: March
Interview Selection: April
Shortlist Announcement: June
The exact deadlines every year may be subject to change and if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, it is automatically extended to the next business day. Only short-listed applicants will be notified and interviewed.
How to Apply:
Candidates should complete the appropriate application forms, which can be downloaded by clicking this link (Download application form), and submit them and the above-listed supporting documents in hard copy to AMINEF via mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop them off in person before the application deadline to the following address:
American Indonesian Exchange
Intiland Tower, 11th floor
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 32
Tel : (021) 579 39 085 ~ 9086