Indonesia Art and Culture Scholarship (IACS) is a program that offers the opportunity to Indonesian as well as foreign youths to know and study more about Indonesian cultural heritage. This program also gives a chance to the youths to immerse in local art communities in Bali, West Sumatra, East Kalimantan, East Java, Sulawesi, or Jogjakarta. IACS has been organized by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs since 2003 and giving cultural experiences to 920 incredible alumni from 77 countries.
The participants of this scholarship will study local arts intensely in the region that they are assigned to. Each alumnus will become Indonesian arts and culture ambassadors afterwards. This program is a non-degree program and will be conducted for three months (May 2nd – Aug 15th, 2020).
- Tuition fee (including extra-curricular activities)
- A round trip economy class ticket
- Accommodation (board and lodging)
- Local transportation during program
- Health insurance (limited). All awardees are advised to have their own health insurance.
- Monthly allowance of Rp2.000.000,-.
- Candidates should be single and at the ages between 21-27 years old.
- Candidates should possess high interest and talent in arts.
- Candidates should be in prime physically conditions due to the intensity of this program.
The required documents:
- Application form
- A motivation letters
- Two passport-sized photographs with red as the background colour of the photo
- A photo-copy of passport with at least two years validity period
- A photo-copy of academic diploma
- A photo-copy of the latest valid health certification from a qualified medical practitioner
- A letter of recommendation
- Personal statement (attached in the scholarship guidance)
The application for this scholarship will be closed at February 28th, 2020 for Indonesian applicants, and February 14th, 2020 for foreign applicants. For further information, you can go to https://kemlu.go.id/portal/en/read/949/lembar_informasi/kenalkan-budaya-indonesia-melalui-indonesian-arts-and-culture-scholarship.