[FELLOWSHIP] RESEARCH STAYS FOR UNIVERSITY ACADEMICS AND SCIENTISTS – DAAD
DAAD gives an opportunity for foreign academics and scientists to carry out research and continue their education in Germany. Funding programmes for various qualification phases and stages in a career.
This program’s main goal is to support short-term research stay and promote the experience and networking amongst colleagues.
Research Eligibility :
- University Teachers, Established Academics, and Scientist who’s working at University or institute at his home country.
- University Teachers, Established Academics, and Scientist who’s have completed their doctoral degree (Ph.D.)
- The research project must be coordinated with an academic host institute in Germany. Applicants must be provided with the workplace.
- For natural scientific and engineering study, fluent in English may be accepted if English is spoken at the host institute, for arts and social study Germany is usually expected.
- For former fellowship holder of Alexander, von Humboldt Foundation is requested to contact Humboldt Foundation.
Funding Details :
- Research stays at recognised institutions of higher education in Germany
- Funding may be claimed once within three years
- Tours or visit to congresses are not funded
- Funding duration between one to three months, depending on committee selection, a project in question and applicant’s work schedule
- Committee selection most important criteria :
o Academic achievement and recent publication documented on curriculum vitae
o A convincing and well-planned research project
- The grant is not renewable
- Funding value including :
o Monthly payments
- 2000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers
- 2150 euros for professors
o Travel allowance, unless it was funded by third-party
o Other payments cannot be made
Application Procedure :
- Opened about 6 weeks before the deadline, please kindly access (www.funding-guide.de). From here, enter the portal by clicking the “Submitting an Application” tab.
- Documents that should be uploaded to the portal :
o Online application form
o Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
o List of academic publications (max. 3 pages)
o Comprehensive statement about research project (max. 10 pages)
o Time schedule and itinerary (host institute / academic hosts) of the planned research stay.
o Letter of confirmation from the host about academic cooperation, which refers to the application’s proposal and guarantees for providing a workplace.
- Application deadline
o April 15th for stays that start between August of the same year and January of the following year
o October 15th for stays that start between March and July of the following year
- Application location and contact
o Regional Office Jakarta
DAAD Jakarta Office
Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Kav. 61-62, Summitmas II, Lt. 14
Tel. : +62 (21)/52008-70
Fax. : +62 (21)/52528-22
E-mail : email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
WWW. : https://www.daad.id [https://www.daad.id]
- THE ONLY VALID APPLICATION ARE APPLICATIONS THAT SUBMITTED ON TIME
- IF DOCUMENTS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED BY POST, SEND IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
- THE DAAD PORTAL CLOSES AT 24.00 CET (CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME)
- LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATION ARE NOT CONSIDERED
· THE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS REMAIN WITH DAAD AS THE DATA IS NEEDED TO PROCESS THE APPLICATION