I. DEGREE PROGRAM
Eligibility for Admission:
Demonstrate good academic competence which is proven with a good academic transcript. International applicants should apply directly to UM by submitting a set of required documents via email.
- The eligibility for admission is based on the academic and non-academic evaluation conducted by UM’s admission committee on candidates’ academic and non academic background. UM reserves the right to administer an online entry test and/or interview.
- International applicants must meet the academic and language requirements and commit to complying with particular regulations of Indonesian government related to education policy in order to apply for the admission at Universitas Negeri Malang.
- International applicants should demonstrate a good command of English which is proven by a certificate of English language proficiency minimum International TOEFL (ITP) score of 500/IELTS overall score of 5.5.
- Since the main language of instruction of the Programmes offered at Universitas Negeri Malang is Bahasa Indonesia, international applicants are required to pursue a BIPA course min. 4 months prior to their enrolment of the study. For the applicants who have conducted a BIPA Programme, they are required to submit the BIPA certificate in their application.
Undergraduate Programme Admission:
- Admission for undergraduate Programme requires a good academic performance in high school or college.
Postgraduate Programme Admission:
- Admission for Master Programme requires a good academic background at bachelor’s degree (undergraduate) or equivalent in the subject or related discipline.
- Admission for Doctoral Programme requires an excellent record at master’s degree and capability in conducting academic research. Applicant for Doctoral Programme holding international publication (journal) are preferred.
- The admission board may conduct interview or test if needed.
Universitas Negeri Malang offers 2 intake periods each year.
- 1 May: for courses and programmes starting in August
- 1 November: for courses and programmes starting in January
Documents that should be Prepared for the Online Admission:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Statement/ Statement of Purpose (max 700 words)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scan of the original previous degree certificate(s)
- Scan of the original previous transcript(s)
- Scan of Letter of Recommendation (signed)
- Current colour photograph 4×6 (cm), close up, with red background (see the example here)
- Scan of English proficiency test certificate (TOEFL/IELTS) and or Indonesian language certificate/proficiency test certificate BIPA certificate (if any)
- Scan of passport
- Law and Employment Declaration (download here)
- Latest Health Certificate from local hospital
- Financial Guarantee Statement (download here)
- Scan of Bank Account (for non-funded/sponsored applicant)
- Letter of Guarantee (for funded/sponsored applicant)
|Types of Fee||Study Programme||Undergraduate||Postgraduate|
|Application fee (Paid once)||All Programmes||Rp 500.000/
|Tuition fee per semester||All Programmes||Rp 7.500.000/
Application fee must be paid before submitting the application.
The application fee (Rp 500.000) can be made payable to:
Bank: BNI (Bank Nasional Indonesia)
Swift Code: BNINIDJA
Account Name: RPL 032 BLU BEND PEN OP 1
Account No: 0055308421
Please kindly send your application including all the required documents to email@example.com.
II. NON-DEGREE PROGRAM
Universitas Negeri Malang offers a number of non degree programmes for the international students as follows:
UM iCamp: http://oia.um.ac.id/umicamp/
Internship (Teaching and Non-teaching)
For the detailed information regarding the non-degree programmes and its availability, please contact the Office of International Affairs.
Office of International Affairs
Universitas Negeri Malang (UM)
Jl. Semarang No.5, Malang 65145
East Java, Indonesia
Tel.: +62 (0) 341 584 759 or +62 (0) 341 551 312 ext. 360
Fax: +62 (0) 341 584 759
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org