KNB 2020 Cancellation
We deeply regret to anounce that the open application of KNB Scholarship 2020 is officially CANCELLED due to COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Situation in Indonesia and many countries around the world. However, applicants who have submitted their web applications will be automatically considered as applicants of KNB Scholarship 2021.
The KNB (Kemitraan Negara Berkembang) Scholarship is a financial assistance offered by the Indonesian Government to International students from developing countries to pursue their bachelor and master degree in Indonesian Universities. The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (Developing Countries Partnership) scholarship is widely offered by the Indonesian government to international students from developing countries, to study in one of 16 well-known universities in Indonesia. KNB scholarship is organized and funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia.
Indonesian government realizes that higher education could compose a more constructive role in helping such a country to achieve a long-term socio-economic goal as it has a clear and practical impact on society. Hence, KNB scholarship provides the opportunity for potential students in developing countries to develop their knowledge and competencies. The KNB scholarship offers the chances to experience life in the middle of Indonesian cultural diversity while studying for degree.
Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) at Universitas Negeri Malang (UM)
Universitas Negeri Malang (UM), one of the leading universities in Indonesia, has been working with the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia to organize the KNB since 2008. It has 8 faculties (36 departments for bachelor degree and 31 major programs for master degree). Our university provides good facilities for learning programs such as professional lecturers, comfortable classrooms, and also good environments for studying. The duration of KNB scholarship is directly linked to the duration of academic programs, such as:
- Indonesian Language Course and Master Preparatory Program (max. 12 months)
- Master Program (max. 24 months)
- Bachelor Degree (max. 48 months)
The KNB program at Universitas Negeri Malang provides not only prominent academic activities, but also Indonesian culture and language study. There are more than 40 KNB awardees at Universitas Negeri Malang from various countries: Ukraine, Tunisia, Thailand, Comoro, East Timorese, Sierra Leonne, Uganda, Papua New Guinea, Tanzania, Madagascar, Mauritius, Palestine, Afghanistan, Laos.
- Contributing in human resource development in the developing countries;
- Promoting deeper cultural understanding among developing countries;
- Strengthening the relationship and cooperation among developng countries.
- A Settlement Allowance will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia;
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance;
- Living Allowance;
- Research Allowance;
- Book Allowance;
- Health insurance;
- Round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the studentʼs home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university.
Bachelor Programs (S1) in Universitas Negeri Malang (UM)
List of 58 Bachelor programs offered by Universitas Negeri Malang:
Master Programs (S2) in Universitas Negeri Malang (UM)
List of Master programs offered by Universitas Negeri Malang:
- Maximum age : 35 years old;
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor Degree for applying to Master Program;
- Applicants must have a TOEFL (or other English Proficiency Test Certificate) score of 500 or its equivalent;
- Applicants must complete the online Application form on www.knbscholarship.kemdikbud.go.id;
- The selected Applicants must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement provided by Ministry of Education and Culture.
- A formal photo;
- A copy of passport ID page (example here);
- A copy of latest degree certificate;
- A copy of academic transcript;
- Two academic recommendations;
- A recomendation letter from Indonesian Embassy;
- A recomendation letter from your Government (if any);
- A medical statement (in English) issued by a Clinic or Hospital stating that;
- A valid English proficiency certificate (TOEFL/IELTS/Other); Please be advised that all the aforementioned files’ size should not exceed 500 KB in JPG/JPEG/PNG format.
- Download the Invitation Letter in the KNB scholarship website (www.knbscholarship.kemdikbud.go.id);
- Submit the Invitation Letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to receive the recommendation letter;
- Complete the online application (see details here);
- Selection process: administrative and online interview;
- Final Announcement will be available online on the KNB Scholarship Official website.
Stay connected with us
Office of International Affairs
Universitas Negeri Malang
Jalan Semarang 5, Malang