GKS for ASEAN countries' Science and Engineering Students
Are you a science or an engineering student? National Institute for International Education (NIIED), Ministry of Education, Republic of Korea through Global Korean Scholarship (GKS) is again offering in-depth academic training in science and engineering fields and invaluable experiences in Korea. This program supports 120 undergraduate students in total.
5 weeks: July - August
1. Must be a citizen of ASEAN countries (Indonesia included)
2. Enrolled in the second or fourth year of science or engineering major in one of 10 ASEAN countries (undergraduate students only)
3. Fluent either in English or Korean
4. Mentally and physically healthy
5. Have the ability and willingness to learn and to adapt with Korean culture
How to apply
1. Choose only one of 5 designated Korean universities you would like to apply according to your major (the available universities will be announced on the web). Multiple applications will be excluded during the final process.
2. Submit the required documents to the chosen university. The required documents are:
a. Completed application form
b. A copy of the passport information page
c. Proof of enrollment from currently enrolled university
d. Original sealed transcript from current enrolled university
e. Self-introduction and research plan
f. A letter of recommendation from an academic source
3. If you pass the document screening, you will be invited to have an interview from the university through phone or Skype.
a. NIIED and/or the training institutions will be resposible for round trip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveler’s insurance.
b. Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in his/her own country, visa fee, etc.
a. The program will run in English.
b. Students will stay in university dormitories.
c. All lectures/events for this program will be mandatory.
d. Students are expected to make effort to understand Korean language, education, culture, and etc.
For further information please visit http://studyinkorea.go.kr/en/sub/gks/allnew_GKSforASEAN.do