Re-invitation Programme for Former Scholarship Holders-DAAD
Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) – German Academic Exchange Service
The aim of programme is to enable former scholarship holders to carry out research and working projects in Germany and to maintain contacts as part of DAAD’s global alumni network.
Who can apply?
· Former holders of DAAD research grants or study scholarships, who were funded for a period of over six months
· Former East German scholarship holders who studied for at least one year in Germany
What can be funded?
· Research and working projects at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany
· Working stays at an institution in business, administration, culture or media for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector.
· A research or working visit can also take place at several host institutions.
· Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
Duration of the funding
· One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
· The grant is non-renewable.
· Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers
2,150 euros for professors
Monthly payments for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector will be calculated based upon their qualifications accordingly.
· Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
· Other payments cannot be made.
An independent selection committee reviews applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
· Academic achievements and, if applicable, publications, which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
· A convincing and well-planned research or work project
· In the case of working stays outside the science sector, particular attention is paid to the following questions:
- Will the stay in Germany have a sustainable effect on your professional activity?
- Can you expect it to have multiplier effects, for example, in the form of planned publications?
- Will your stay in Germany promote existing cooperations?
April 15th for stays that start between August of the same year and January of the following year
October 15th for stays that start between March and July of the following year
Regional Office Jakarta
DAAD Jakarta Office
JI. Jend. Sudirman, Kav. 61-62, Summitmas II, Lt. 14
Tel.: +62 (21)/52008-70
Fax.: +62 (21)/52528-22
For further information (application requirements, documents and submission procedure), kindly visit https://www.daad.id