Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany-DAAD
Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) – German Academic Exchange Service
Who can apply?
Excellently-qualified young academics and scientists who have completed a Master's degree or Diplom, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor's degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research.
What can be funded?
Doctoral programmes at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education or a non-university research institute in Germany:
· individual projects under the supervision of a university teacher or academic adviser
· participation in a structured doctoral study programme
Duration of the funding
· a maximum of four years; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
· Grants are initially awarded for a maximum of one year. Extensions depend on whether the selection committee considers the previous award period to have been successfully completed.
· For doctoral projects in Germany that require several years of research, research phases outside Germany can be supported if these are critical for the successful completion of the doctoral degree. Planned stays must be specified in the application in the work and time schedule and should not exceed a quarter of the anticipated total funding period.
· Depending on academic level, monthly payments of:
euros 850.- for graduates,
euros 1,200.- for doctoral candidates
· Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
· Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
· One-off research allowance
Under certain circumstances, grant holders completing an uninterrupted stay of over 6 months may receive the following additional benefits:
· monthly rent subsidy
· monthly allowance for accompanying family members
Regional Office Jakarta
DAAD Jakarta Office
JI. Jend. Sudirman, Kav. 61-62, Summitmas II, Lt. 14
Tel.: +62 (21)/52008-70
Fax.: +62 (21)/52528-22
For further information (application documents and submission procedure), kindly visit https://www.daad.id