Study Visit for Academics – Artists and Architects-DAAD
Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) – German Academic Exchange Service
Who can apply?
University teachers from the following disciplines:
· Architecture (Interior Design, Monument Conservation, Urban Planning/Urban Development, Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning)
· Fine Art, Film, Design, Visual Communication
· Performing Arts (Drama, Direction, Musicals, Dance, Performance Studies, Choreography, etc.)
What can be funded?
· Study visits at state or state-recognised universities in Germany for artistic cooperations with a host institution. A study visit can also take place at several host institutions.
Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
Duration of the funding
· One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
· The grant is non-renewable.
· Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers,
2,150 euros for professors
· Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
· Other payments cannot be made.
An independent selection committee consisting of specialist scientists reviews applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
· specialist qualification which must be documented in the curriculum vitae
· a convincing and well-planned research project
· Applicants must teach at an institute of higher education in their home country.
· The research project must be coordinated with the cooperation partner in Germany.
· The required language level depends on the applicant’s study plans and subject: In the arts, social sciences and in law, at least a good knowledge of German is usually expected. For the natural science and engineering, proof of good English language skills may also be accepted if English is spoken at the host institute.
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. The access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
To apply, please select the call for applications for this programme in the scholarship database (www.funding-guide.de). From here, the applicants can enter the portal by clicking the tab ‘Submitting an application”.
Documents can be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
· Online application form
· Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
· Comprehensive statement about research (max. 10 pages)
· Time schedule and itinerary (institutions/ cooperation partners) of planned study visit
· Written confirmation about the cooperation, which refers to the applicant’s project
15.10. for stays beginning from April on
Regional Office Jakarta
DAAD Jakarta Office
JI. Jend. Sudirman, Kav. 61-62, Summitmas II, Lt. 14
Tel.: +62 (21)/52008-70
Fax.: +62 (21)/52528-22
For further information, kindly visit https://www.daad.id