The Ministry of Education, People’s Republic of China, annually sponsors the Chinese Government Scholarship for the Asean University Network. This scholarship aims to strengthen the mutual understanding between China and Asean countries, as well as improving the academic exchange between both regions. In the period of 2022/2023, 30 scholarships are offered for graduate students to continue their master’s or doctoral studies in China.
- Applicants must be a citizen of Asean countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam).
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s program.
- Applicants must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral program.
- Applicants must have acquired IELTS or TOEFL when applying for English taught master’s or doctoral programs.
- Applicants must have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 when applying for Chinese taught master’s or doctoral programs.
- For the master’s program, this scholarship supports students for the maximum of 3 academic years.
- For the doctoral program, this scholarship supports students for the maximum of 4 academic years.
The China – AUN scholarship will cover some cost as follows:
- Tuition waiver
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, you may either apply to the AUN Secretariat directly without any pre-admission letter atau apply to your target university to get a pre-admission letter and submit the letter together with other application documents to the AUN Secretariat.
- To obtain the application form of the scholarship, you must:
- Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (visit http://www.campuschina.org and click “Scholarship Application for Student” to create an account).
- Complete the online Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print one hard copy.
- If you have obtained and printed the application form, submit ONE set of the paper application forms and *other supporting documents to the AUN Secretariat by 31 January 2022.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English).
- Copy of Passport Home Page
- Notarized highest diploma
- Academic transcripts
- Language qualification certificates
- Admission documents
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English
- Recommendation letters
- Example of Art, for art and design related major only
- A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English, for applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months only
- Non-criminal record report
To submit the documents, you may send them via post in the address below:
Ms. Naparat Phirawattanakul
ASEAN University Network Secretariat
17th Floor, Chaloem Rajakumari 60 Building,
Chulalongkorn University, Phayathai Road, Pathumwan,
Bangkok 10330, THAILAND
Office Phone Number: +662 2153640
For more information about the scholarship, visit:https://www.aunsec.org/aun-action/scholarships/china-aun-scholarship-2022-2023