STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM WENZAO URSULINE UNIVERSITY OF LANGUANGES
Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages, Taiwan, in collaboration with Universitas Negeri Malang (UM), Indonesia, offers an opportunity for UM students to conduct one semester student exchange program to Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages, Taiwan. The programs will be held twice a year, in Spring Semester (February-June) and Fall Semester (September-January).
Credit transfer system applies to this program so that the credits acquired from Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages could be acknowledged by Universitas Negeri Malang (UM). The tuition fee at the host university is waived. Hence, the students are only required to pay the tuition fee at UM. Meanwhile, the students need to cover the living, travel and other expenses by themselves.
Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages has 4 colleges as follows:
- College of English and International Studies: https://c020e.wzu.edu.tw/category/137110
- College of European dan Asian Languages: http://c027e.wzu.edu.tw
- College of Cultural and Educational Innovation: https://c020e.wzu.edu.tw/category/137110
- College of Liberal Arts Education: http://c019e.wzu.edu.tw
Please consult to the International Faculty Coordinator and or your academic advisor regarding the suitable study program in one of the aforementioned colleges for the credit transfer.
1. Required Documents:
- Two completed Application Form for Exchange Student with passport size photos. >Download Here<
- Two 2’’x2” (3.5cm x 4.5cm) head & shoulder photos in color.
- Two official copies of enrollment certificate from applicant’s home institution.
- Two official copies of transcripts.
- One recommendation letter from applicant’s instructor at home institution.
- One photocopy of passport.
- Study plan (One A4 page: Purposes of Exchanging & Course Scheme).
- On Campus/ Contracted Off-campus Daya International Apartment Application >Download Here<
- Chinese Language Center Application Form. >Download Here<
- One photocopy of Health Insurance which covers the duration of student’s stay in Taiwan if any. (After a continuous residence in Taiwan over six months and do not go abroad more than two times or one time exceed 30 days, students must enroll in the National Health Insurance program.)
- One photocopy of Health Certificate Form B. >Download Here<
- Authorization for Emergency Medication. >Download Here<
The accommodation options of this program are written on the table below:
|On-campus Dormitory||Room for four (NTD 12,000/ per semester)|
Daya International Apartment
|Small Single Room (NTD 5,800/ per month)
Big Single Room (NTD 6,800/ per month)
Room for two (NTD 7,800/ per month)
- All deposits are refundable if all facilities are well maintained and the gate card is returned at checkout.
- If students borrow beddings and linens from the on-campus dorm, they have to pay around NTD500 for a laundry service.
- If the student chooses to move out of the dormitory, a minimum-30-day advance notice to the residential staff and OICC is required.
- Students who choose Daya need to hand in the application with reservation form to Daya at email@example.com. <Daya Tenancy Agreement>
- Students who choose to rent the house by themselves need to provide the rental address, landlord’s name and landlord’s phone number.
- Students should purchase overseas insurance and present the copy of the insurance certificate to the Office of International Cross-strait Cooperation. If not, the student will have to purchase the Cathay Life Group Insurance offered at NTD 2,500.
- Students must enroll in the National Health Insurance program after a continuous residence within Taiwan for six months. (NTD 749/ per month).
3. Visa Application
- A foreign passport holder shall enter Taiwan with a valid visitor or a resident visa according to the different purpose of visit. As an exchange student, holding free visa is not accepted. (https://www.boca.gov.tw/np-137-2.html)
- Visitor Visa: Short-term visa for the expected length of stay within 180 days. Usually the validity of visitor visa is 60 days, and it can be extended twice.
- Resident Visa: Long-term visa for the expected length of stay more than 180 days.
- For visa extension, students must go to the local service office of National Immigration Agency 15 days before the expiration. We suggest that students who stay over one semester should apply for a resident visa before entering Taiwan, and then apply for ARC after their arrival. Changing a visitor visa to a resident visa before applying for ARC will cost more.
- Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)
Students who enter Taiwan with a Resident Visa must apply for ARC at the local service center of National Immigration Agency within 15 days after arrival. With ARC, students can open a bank account and must join National Health Insurance Program.
- Food: Student cafeteria is located at the basement of dormitory. There are also many restaurants, cafés and bistros within walking distance around campus.
- Clothing: Coin laundry is also located at the basement of dormitory.
- Transportation: Parking areas for bikes and scooters are arranged in periphery of campus. City bus stop is in front of the back gate. (To ride a scooter, a driver’s license is required.)
- Internet: All rooms in the dormitory are facilitated with internet connection.
- Language Course: Center of Chinese Language provides free Chinese courses for exchange students.
5. How to Apply
To apply for this program, the students need to contact the International Faculty Coordinator in their own Faculty for further information. Please kindly find the International Faculty Coordinators in each faculty as follows:
FIK: Dr. Anindya Hapsari, M.Kes
FMIPA: OIA FMIPA -> Dr. Husni Wahyu Wijaya, S.Pd., M.Si, Ph.D
FE: Helianti Utami, S.E., M.Si., Ak, Ph.D
FIP: Saida Ulfa, S.T., M.Edu., Ph.D
FS: Nurenzia Yannuar, Ph.D
FIS: Syamsul Bachri, S.Si, M.Sc., Ph.D
FPPsi: Retno Sulistyaningsih, S.Pd.I., M.Si.