KNB (Kemitraan Negara Berkembang) Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship provided by the Directorate General of Higher Education, Ministry of Education and Culture of Indonesia, for international students from developing countries who desire to pursue their bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree in Indonesian universities. This scholarship program offers the chance to learn and experience life in the middle of Indonesian culture. Therefore, international students will obtain both educational scholarship and a deeper cultural understanding of Indonesia.
The KNB Scholarship aims to increase the quality of human resources in developing countries, assist in promoting culture overseas, and improve the internationalization of educational institutions in Indonesia. Additionally, this scholarship has partnered with 20 leading universities in Indonesia, with more than 1200 recipients from 94 countries.
- To contribute in the human resource development in the developing countries;
- To promote deeper cultural understanding between developing countries;
- To strengthen the relationship and cooperation between developing countries.
- Enhancing the research capacity of Indonesian higher education institutions in order to increase the number of world class universities in Indonesia.
Scholarship Coverage :
- Settlement allowance;
- Living allowance;
- Book allowance;
- Research Allowance;
- Health insurance;
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class).
KNB at Universitas Negeri Malang
Universitas Negeri Malang (UM), one of top-tier universities in Indonesia, has been working with the Ministry of Education and Culture to offer KNB scholarship for citizens of developing countries since 2008. UM’s international students come from various countries in Asia, Europe, Africa, America, and the Pacific, making the university a vibrant academic community. With the support of excellent teaching infrastructure and international students’ dormitory, UM can offer international students quality study experience. In addition, with UM’s internationally reputed Bahasa Indonesia untuk Penutur Asing (BIPA) course, international students can get the best immersion experience in Indonesian language and culture. You can build your intellectual pathways for a better future with UM.
Bachelor's Program (S1)
List of 58 bachelor programs offered by Universitas Negeri Malang:
Master's Program (S2)
List of 30 master programs offered by Universitas Negeri Malang:
Doctoral Program (S3)
List of 16 doctoral programs offered by Universitas Negeri Malang:
How to Apply
- Download the Invitation Letter from the KNB Scholarship website.
- Submit the Invitation letter, a scanned copy of Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy or Indonesian Consulate to acquire the recommendation letter.
- Complete the online application process.
- Selection process.
- The Selection Results will be broadcasted online through the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network.
Further Information How to Apply
Stay connected with us
Office of International Affairs
Universitas Negeri Malang
Jalan Semarang 5, Malang